Sometimes it's so hard to slow the heck down and take time out for you. Whether that means you and your babies or you as a person being alone, you need time, we all do! I know that Brody is our last little one so I've started to have a love/hate relationship with all the new things he's been doing. I love that he is becoming so independent and expressive but I also hate knowing that all of his firsts are now all of my lasts. It really makes me want to cry sometimes, just, please time-slow down!
Instead of constantly trying to keep a clean house, a spotless car, the perfect yard, I know that time is something I'll never be able to get back. Because of that when it's time for me to have my time with my babies, a.k.a. I'm not working or sleeping, I really try to soak it all up. I think it's important for parents to have photos and videos of their little ones to be able to remember all the sweet things they do and how innocent they are. I want to be able to look back and literally see all the little details of their faces, their dirty little feet from running around barefoot, the dirt under their nails that need cut, the crumbs all over their faces. The world is such a scary place sometimes but I swear, our babies give me hope that good things still happen.
Some ways I love to take time with the babies and slow down and take them in:
- Cook together --- Emily adores using her "stander thing" as she calls it and helping me make our dinner or snacks. She feels so proud and accomplished and I know it helps her learn!
- Have a dance party --- Ever since Brody was born, we have dance parties every single day. Something in the music calms my babies down and they love to dance so of course we're going to have some fun with this! Get in there and dance with them!
- Play dress up --- Emily is at that pretend-stage where she loves being princesses and batman and all. I love it, too! Playing dress up doesn't have to be expensive either, we use her batman and peppa pig pajamas to play dress up all the time! She does have some princess dresses but two are from Halloweens, so there's that!
- Craft time --- There are so many craft ideas out there for different ages! For Emily she really loves using glue and those silly little googly eyes so we'll just cut some shapes and make a silly monster and she loves it! Brody for some reason loves to pull al the baby wipes out of the wipe thingy so I made him a fabric pull machine, haha. Basically I used an old wipe container, cut up fabric strips that feel different and stuffed them in there. He LOVES pulling them out and has even started helping me clean them up!
- Build a fort --- This one is a no-brainer, all kids love a fort!
- See a drive-in movie --- Seeing a drive-in movie is so nostalgic for me. Taking my own babies just brings back memories from when I used to go with my parents and hopefully my littles will remember it forever too!
- Blow bubbles --- Whenever we're having a meltdown or things are just getting too crazy, I pull out the bubbles. It's no secret that bubbles make everything better.
Shop Brody's adorable sleeper here! (Use the code SNIPPETSOFUS for a discount!)