It's recipe day!
Sometimes, okay most of the time, I'm searching for ways to incorporate foods I used to love into our keto diet. Today I decided to try my hand at mozzarella sticks, the keto way! This recipe is super simple and took hardly any time really, other than 25 minutes in the freezer.
Here we go, what you'll need:
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. coconut flour
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
10 mozzarella string cheese sticks
1. whisk your egg and salt and pepper in a bowl, set aside
2. mix your other dry ingredients together, set aside
3. cut your string cheese sticks in half to make 20 total sticks
4. roll each stick in egg then in the dry mixture
5. repeat step 4
6. set sticks on a pan or container
7. freeze for at least 25-30 minutes
8. heat your oil on a pan on medium heat
9. pan fry your sticks for about a minute on each side until golden brown
10. set each stick on a paper towel to soak excess oil
11. serve with your favorite low carb marinara sauce
That’s it! I’ll be posting 1-2 keto and family approved recipes a week from now on!